Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Guess Who's Back...

After months of a hiatus, I realized I should probably pick up this blogging thing again.

It's amazing how in three months I feel like everything yet nothing has changed in my world. I'm once again back at the best school in the nation, trying to keep my procrastination in check while still enjoying my senior year of college.

Some things I've enjoyed since my last blog update...

Some quality time with the sister down in Florida. It had been too long, and I cannot wait to see her lovely face again for Christmas

In addition to seeing Cait and her hubs, we also met up with his brother who is stationed down south as well. I'm lucky enough to be with four of my favorite people in the world here.

A few trips to visit two of my best friends from high school down at their Big 10 school.
Some [not so high quality] Buckeye football games

And bonding with the best roommates in the world at an empty bar

So here I go again, keeping the world updated with everything they did and didn't want to know about my life. Here's to hoping this time I keep up with this better than last time!

How did all of you get yourself to keep blogging?! I know I need some sort of outlet, but I stink at keeping up. Any tips/tricks are always appreciated. 

Until next time,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. So I've been blogging for a little bit now and even though I am definitely NOT an expert, there are some things that have worked for me in terms of getting readers and making connections. I realize you wrote this a few months ago but it might still be helpful!

    1. A clean blog design either done by yourself if you can design or by a pro. A blog I love that has affordable pre-made designs is brooke @ http://brightwishesdesigns.blogspot.com/ people like to see that you have an easy to read blog, with an "about me" section and some pictures. A good design helps with all of those things and make your blog more interactive

    2. Find some blogs you love and sponsor them. There are some blogs that do sponsor swap and it's just a matter of getting into contact with them. If you love a blog enough that asks for paid sponsorship, sometimes it is worth it! Being a sponsor increases your readership

    3. Blog about things you like to talk about! The series you are doing right now is a good way to let people get to know you better. Here is a link to some great tips from one of my favorite blogger: http://www.thevintageapple.com/p/vintage-tips.html

    4. blog hops. The military s.o. community is AWESOME. I've "met" some of my favorite bloggers through the military monday blog hop and I've made some real friends through it. Some of my other favorites that gets a high volume of participants is oh how pinteresting wednesday (http://www.thevintageapple.com/), What's your song? which happens on thursdays (http://www.goodnight-moon.org/), and Friday letters (http://comeoneileen86.blogspot.com/) or High Five Friday (http://www.frommygreydeskblog.com/).

    5. Twitter. I resisted for a lonnngg time but it seriously makes it way eaiser to figure out where you fit into the blogging world and what people you really want to follow and have follow you!

    So there you have it! I hope this was somewhat helpful and not too long winded....
    --Erinn

    ReplyDelete