Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Insomnia

As per usual, I spend an entire day thinking about how incredibly tired I am, but when bedtime comes I find it nearly impossible to get to bed. I am sure that I am not the only one who has this problem, it's like my mind is running a million miles a minute and won't settle down for some sleep.

This summer has been possibly the busiest one of my 20-something years thus far. I'm spending four days a week as a teacher's assistant in an extended school year program for autistic preschoolers. My kids are WONDERFUL, but incredibly exhausting. I come home with the best stories anyone could ask for, no one is more unpredictable than a four year old. After preschool I spend my days finishing up some of my gen-ed requirements for school. This summer has been a blur of Economics, History, preschoolers and pizza. Pizza you say? Well yes, in my spare time I moonlight as a waitress at a Chicago-style pizza place in my hometown.

Needless to say, I have had a pretty busy past month and a half. However; with that being said, this school is wrapping up for the summer. And that means I get to head down to visit the boyfriend soon enough. I cannot wait!

Boyfriend Bryan is a recent college grad currently serving in the US Navy. He just moved South for flight school, and I could not be more excited to go down and visit his new "big boy" house. Bryan and his college roommate are renting a place, but I have the horrible feeling it could all use a little sprucing up.
The two of us at Bryan's graduation. Have I mentioned he's close to perfect? He picked out that Lilly dress I'm wearing.

Moral of the story?
5 shifts with pizza
4 days of class
3 preschool classes
2 quizzes
1 weekend
Then south I go! 

The best part of all of this is that my older sister and her husband are headed to a wedding about an hour away from boyfriend, so I get to see them as well. The two of them are stationed out in the middle of the Pacific, so anytime I get to spend with them is time I look forward to [Have I mentioned sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in my life not in the military?] 

Despite the age difference my sister is my twin, and I'm excited for the shenanigans the four of us will have. Seems too far away. 
Cait and I with our third fake sister a few years back.

Well, goodnight for real my little bloggers. Hope to at least get a few hours of shut-eye in before the chit'lins. 

Questions to leave you with: How do you combat insomnia? Any advice for a brand new blogger? Anyone else have family or significant others in the military?

2 comments:

  1. Did your boyfriend graduate from the Naval Academy?? Mine is a 2010 grad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes m'am! He's a 2011 grad!

    ReplyDelete