Monday, March 12, 2012

7/30 - Dream Job

What is your dream job? Why?

All I want to do in my life is help children. I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember, I was the bossy child in elementary school who graded other people's papers and helped out other kids in class. In high school I had a teacher urge me to get involved with Special Olympics, and I never looked back. From 16 I knew all I wanted to do was work with this population. Working with special needs children is not easy, in fact it is more challenging than any other job I have dealt with so far, in turn it is also the most rewarding. Spending two summers teaching autistic preschoolers and countless hours with high schoolers with special needs, I have learned that this is what I am truly passionate about. In growing up I have also learned there are other avenues to help special needs children. For this reason, I do not know what my dream job would be; however, working with special needs children will definitely be involved. In the long run I see myself teaching for a few years and later becoming involved in non-profits or policy making to benefit these individuals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment