Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Army Wives

For me, spring break is all about decompressing. Since I was lucky enough to finish all of my finals on the first day, I essentially have a two week spring break. I'm spending the first few days back at home to spend time with mom and dad and veg. I'm convinced the most productive thing I did today was mail my taxes.

In my sloth-like state I have managed to watch 17 episodes of Army Wives... I wish I could say I wasn't obsessed, but I am. I also have to admit that it turns me into an emotional wreck. I cry at nearly every other episode, but cannot turn this show off. There are aspects of the show that I adore. I think the show sheds some light on the day to day hardships that go along with being a military spouse. I also believe part of the show is ridiculous. The characters are the extremes of any relationship, and characterize most of the wives as being unstable in some capacity.

What are your thoughts on Army Wives? Creative or crap? How do you feel about how close the show runs to reality?

No comments:

Post a Comment